After the newest decision by the Swiss Federal Council, the FIFA World Football Museum will reopen on 3 March with reduced opening hours and strict hygiene & safety restrictions. The Sportsbar 1904 will stay closed until further notice.
On 24 February the Swiss Federal Council announced to relax some of the restrictions in place to counter the spread of coronavirus. Museums will be allowed to open again starting 1 March. The FIFA Museum will open its doors to the public two days later on Wednesday 3 March with reduced opening hours. These are as follows:
|Monday - Tuesday||closed|
|Wednesday - Friday||12 - 18|
|Saturday - Sunday||10 - 18|
Sportsbar 1904 will remain temporarily closed until further notice. Take-away offers will be available, please follow the Sportsbar Facebook page for updates.
To make your visit to the museum as safe as possible, the following Covid-19 regulations apply for all of the museum’s public spaces:
- It is compulsory to wear a mask that fully covers the nose and mouth throughout the entire museum. Children under the age of 12 are exempt from this rule.
- We ask you to kindly observe the distance rule of 1.5 meters.
- The maximum number of visitors allowed in our exhibition at any one time is limited to 120 people and is monitored accordingly. This means that there may be waiting times depending on the number of visitors. Thank you for understanding.
- We explicitly ask you to regularly make use of the disinfectant dispensers placed at numerous locations throughout the museum.
- We recommend to pay by card, if possible.
- There will be no workshops, conferences and other events until further notice.
- Use of the library is by appointment only. To arrange a research visit or to ask about the library collection, visitors need to contact: email@example.com
- Kids’ birthday parties can be booked for children born in 2001 and younger, but without accompaniment of adults (except museum staff). Parents can of course bring and pick up their kids. Meals will be handed out as take away.
- School class visits will be possible, but only for children born in 2001 and younger.
- Our Shop will be open during museum opening hours.
- The Pinball and The Lab will be accessible and can be visited under our already established strict hygiene and safety regulations.
The Museum Team is looking forward to your visit.